Well, I can't say I've gotten off to such a great start. Several months have gone by since I posted Thing 1 and.....nothing. I actually have been working on some of the things but it hasn't been until this moment that I've taken the time to sit down and start writing my posts out. I do plan to finish this thing by June, I do! I'm a true procrastinator.
The mobile device I use most often is my personal iPhone. I have had an iPhone for many years and have recently started using an iPad at work as well. I am very familiar with iOS but I did find a few interesting tips I didn't know. I'm always amazed at all the features and settings you can change in iOS that I never even think about!
I really like the shared links feature in the Safari browser. As a big Twitter user, I know how overwhelming it can be to try to keep up with all the content being pushed out but this feature helps by giving you an easy way to consume the links from Twitter users. The biggest problem for me is that I always install a Google Chrome browser on my device so I rarely think to use Safari for anything.
I've recently started teaching classes at the library using the iPad. I found that a couple of really simple iOS features have improved the process immensely. One of these is the lock orientation feature. For classes, I set up the iPad to run through a projector and I found that when I used the iPad vertically, it projected a whole lot smaller than when I used it horizontally. Since this orientation jumps with the slightest movement of the iPad, I like that I can easily lock the orientation from within the control center in iOS 7 or even set the mute button to be an orientation lock for when I am teaching.
I started using iTunes radio in iOS7 and I find it to be a nice alternative to Pandora. It's convenient since the app comes installed on your phone already, so you do not need to download an additional radio service if you like what they provide. I have tried a few curated stations and listened to some based on my preferences and have been happy with what I heard.
No comments:
Post a Comment