Thursday, January 23, 2014

23 Mobile Things: Thing 1

Starting another 23 Things program, fun! I really enjoyed the first one I did several years ago and look forward to doing it this time on a mobile platform. I am using my iPhone and typing this on the blogger app right now, for the first time. So far I like how the app works and the convenience of being able to make a post on the go but I'm a single finger typer on my device and my hand is killing me! Maybe that's a habit I should work on changing. 

I hope through this program to be exposed to several new apps and to get more ideas for how mobile devices can be used in libraries.  I recently started using a staff iPad at my library for teaching purposes and it has been a great resource. I'm hoping to develop an iPad instructional course for patrons in the near future so I think using it with this program will be good extra preparation for that. 

One last comment. I did try to clean up my old blog a little since the last program but I do notice several images and videos are not functioning any longer. Sorry in advance if you come across any of these.  I might do a little more maintenance if I find the time.  

No comments: