Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thing 5: Notetaking

I had a few complications when starting to experiment with the notetaking things.  It seems that Springpad and Bamboo paper may only be available on the iPad so I was unable to load them onto my iPhone to try them.  I was interested in trying out the handwriting with my finger feature, though, so I searched for a notetaking app with finger writing that I could download on my iPhone for free.  The one I found was called "Use Your Handwriting."  I don't really like this app but I enjoy being able to try out my handwriting on my iPhone.  It basically just feels like using MS Paint on a smartphone, so not a great or very useful app.  I don't see any reason why I would want to use my handwriting on my phone other than curiosity.  Anyway, here's something I wrote: 



There is a notetaking app I absolutely love and have been using for years.  It's called "Evernote."  I have used it for grad school work, for shopping lists, for lists of books/movies/tv/music to get back to, for work resources and job search info.  I have the app on my iphone and also use the website often.  You can sign in to the website from anywhere and add/edit lists and they will sync up on your phone.  I'll add something to a list from a browser at work and then check it on my phone later when I need that information.  This is the cloud storage service I use most often.  They have a nice, clean, organized layout - I highly recommend it! http://evernote.com/

No comments: